when I grow up....meet the hendriksons part 2

silvertip8k

Reaction score
OK...here is our little friend when he grows up...ready to take flight into the world...I used the same body and tail as in the nymph...I did tie a few less segments...boy are they a pain...you have to be careful not to cinch the closing knot too hard...I snipped one off!

I used the same dyed mllard flank for the wings... I dyed some with an alcohol based stain from a waterfowling harvest...seems to work fine even after getting wet...I also added a rooster hackle sort of brownish for the finish...

and I did pitch it some too...floats nicely...stood erect a few times so perfect!!...talk about a proud Dad...LOL...

the 6 foot 4 weight was a good call...super soft presentation...

all the best...ted

silvertip8k

Reaction score
Thanks Mr Flytyer...maybe dont look at anything but the fly...its pretty simple...just a basic dry fly pattern...the hackle could be a bit shorter...but its what I have...it will catch fish...I don't mean to be smart...but I get sick of the" in the vise" photos...

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ted: Nice work, congrats! I know what you mean the "in the vise" photos get a little old after awhile so seeing something a little different is refreshing.