Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pseudo flies

Default Pseudo flies

This's year we designed a new range of Irish lough flies using the pseudo hackle.
    Last week with the season opening we managed to field test them and the results were out of this world,one guy on lough Sheelin turned over 30 fish using these.
    This has now resulted in me fully booked each night for fly tying classes and a Saturday workshop for some of the ladies from the Irish team.
    Traditional Irish flies using this material has got the attention over here big time.
    Not only for trout flies as we designed shrimp patterns for steelhead and Atlantic salmon.
    This is going to be a very interesting year.
    Mallard and claret

Golden olive

Blue dabbler

Green shrimp

Teal blue and silver

Pink shrimp

2. Likes mcnerney, moucheur2003, bigjim5589 liked this post

Default Re: Pseudo flies

Very nice indeed. I am a huge fan of Dabblers, a true classic
    Eddie
    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation."
    Voltaire

Blog Entries

Laurie: Good to see you posting again! Any idea why the Pseudo hackle works so well on the fish?

Larry
    Larry

Hi Larry
    Not been in good health last year but gradually getting better, we think the pseudo works better because the materials is translucent and when it is in the water it gives off a shine that show up well especially in pretty coloured waters.
    We were put all day yesterday teaching 100 kids and fishing a mountain hilltop lake and we used the black pseudo and ended up with a 20% catch rate which is good even though we had high winds and snow.
    So it is back to the studio this morning to finish off some an order for Larry wegman from the southern council of the IFFF he hi coming over to Ireland in August for a spot of fishing and to visit my new studio.
    Hopefully I will get him on to some of our natural rivers for a few days.

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

I love the look of Dabblers, but I'm confused about what they are supposed to be.

Attractors?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laurie View Post
    Hi Larry
    Not been in good health last year but gradually getting better, we think the pseudo works better because the materials is translucent and when it is in the water it gives off a shine that show up well especially in pretty coloured waters.
    We were put all day yesterday teaching 100 kids and fishing a mountain hilltop lake and we used the black pseudo and ended up with a 20% catch rate which is good even though we had high winds and snow.
    So it is back to the studio this morning to finish off some an order for Larry wegman from the southern council of the IFFF he hi coming over to Ireland in August for a spot of fishing and to visit my new studio.
    Hopefully I will get him on to some of our natural rivers for a few days.
    Laurie: Sorry to hear about your health issues, but hopefully things will be better this year! Thanks for sharing those photos of your latest work, awesome looking patterns as always!

Larry
    Larry