Blue Jay

Jay Silver

Jay Yellow

Jay Blue

Eunan

Addicted To Vise Flies

Default Re: 4 Jays

Very nice, "E".
    There is a need to fish, to be in the water. It soothes the soul.

Blog Entries

Eunan: Awesome work as always!

Larry
    Larry

Really beautiful Eunan! Every single fiber is always in perfect place on your flies

Do you know what part of the bird this feather is from? Is it commercially available? Ive got lots of Jays on my property and they drop tail and flight feathers, but theyre quite long. I may have to ask my cat to sick a Jay
    Hand crafted wood fly boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Really beautiful Eunan! Every single fiber is always in perfect place on your flies

Do you know what part of the bird this feather is from? Is it commercially available? Ive got lots of Jays on my property and they drop tail and flight feathers, but theyre quite long. I may have to ask my cat to sick a Jay
    They come from the wing of a blue jay. Bear in mind the American Blue Jay is protected under the Migratory Birds Act and thus ownership or killing of the bird is illegal. I used Eurasian Jay feathers imported from UK.

You can buy them from Great feathers in Maryland (currently none in stock), or directly from Cookshill in England (4 per pair, with 4 shipping to USA). Order via email and pay with Paypal. Steve is very reliable. I had my wings and feathers within 7 days of submitting payment (might be longer if you're on the west coast. All told my order cost me about $20 shipped.
    Cookshill also has individual matched pairs of double barred feathers for 1 each, which is what i used for these flies as there are maybe two or three such feathers per wing. Typically the feathers only have the barring on the leading edge.

Eunan

Addicted To Vise Flies

6. Likes jbird, Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

a beauty as usual eunan

casey

ARFE

Yeah man those might be the prettiest feathers I've seen. But then I really feel the color blue and have always loved the Jay birds. 20$ seems fair for such a fine specimen.