Dumb Eye Bugger

mcflylures

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wooly buggers are probably one of the most popular and versatile freshwater streamer patterns ever created. Sometimes however you want to fish really deep, and a simple bead head might not do enough. This dumbbell eye bugger will get you down deep, and has the added benefit of a jigging action.

Hook: Size 10 Daichi 1750
Tail: Olive marabou
Flash: Krystal flash
Body Wrap: Fine gold wire, olive chenille, and olive saddle hackle
Weight: Dumbbell eyes
Thread: Ultra thread 70 denier in brown/olive
UV Resin: Solarez "Bone Dry"

[ame]http://youtu.be/BWA0yxUqHRc[/ame]

fr8dog

Reaction score
A few years ago, I was making a few regular ones in 6 and 8. Grabbed some 4 and 6 salty hooks and made a few like that. Figured if the bugger caught everything else, bones would probably eat it. They did. :D

Nice job on the videos. Keep 'em coming.

mcflylures

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A few years ago, I was making a few regular ones in 6 and 8. Grabbed some 4 and 6 salty hooks and made a few like that. Figured if the bugger caught everything else, bones would probably eat it. They did. :D

Nice job on the videos. Keep 'em coming.
Thanks! :) I used to make 2-3 video's a week, but work has increased lately for me, so I probably will do one a week. Ill be trying to upload them every Sunday.

I have a friend that uses a white bugger for fishing the surf for surf perch, corbina exc... This is in California where he does that... I can imagine that they would work quite well for bone's. Especially if you put an extra long tail, that movement might get them to go wild, kinda like a "gotcha" with craft fur.