Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 205

Thread: River flies and streamers

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
    , that polyprop yarn is suposed too sink well isnt it

    Chris
    Well,not exactly....polypropilen floats good and we used it a lot like wing materials but with some gink on....without gink it 'drinks' water

    ---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

    Here is same material but for another purpose

    :


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Merrimac, MA
    Posts
    4,006

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    OK, I'll bite. I've never seen anything like the pattern in that pic; really interesting. Does the fly sink to the level of the polyprop tip (is this a way to put a nymph just under the surface and keep it there?)

    Nice tie! Very creative.

    Pocono

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
    Does the fly sink to the level of the polyprop tip (is this a way to put a nymph just under the surface and keep it there?)

    Nice tie! Very creative.

    Pocono
    That is general idea
    This kind of pattern is not something new....lot of people use monofil for ataching that sighter but i found that solution is not so good for moving water

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slab City, CA
    Posts
    3,731
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Here in the U.S they are generally called 'parasols', but I've never seen one with such a tall bumbershoot.milt.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Quote Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
    Here in the U.S they are generally called 'parasols', but I've never seen one with such a tall bumbershoot.milt.
    parasools , paratroopers and other sky diving and military terms
    But I am more in some 'Navy' stuff this days....one huchen gave me headache ..so i made this 'submarine'





    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    I see noone notice my absence around here

    I was on fishing trip for few days and you allready forgoten me
    But,i am not to angry ....so here is one beauty ,caught on white streamer




  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Brand new series of may flies



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us




    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by madjoni; 10-23-2010 at 06:12 AM.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Merrimac, MA
    Posts
    4,006

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Hi Madjoni,

    Very nice Mayfly patterns; I particularly like the way that you form your tails. And, nice Brown in your previous post!

    Here's a tangential question: I'm going to the 2010 International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset, NJ over the weekend of Novermber 20/21 and I noticed that there will be a featured fly tyer from Montenegro at the meeting. His name is Safet Nikocevic. Do you know him?

    Pocono

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Languedoc/near montpellier
    Posts
    6,628
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Very nice flies Mladenyour"submarine" looks very much like what we call a"chabot"


  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: River flies and streamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
    Hi Madjoni,

    Very nice Mayfly patterns; I particularly like the way that you form your tails. And, nice Brown in your previous post!

    Here's a tangential question: I'm going to the 2010 International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset, NJ over the weekend of Novermber 20/21 and I noticed that there will be a featured fly tyer from Montenegro at the meeting. His name is Safet Nikocevic. Do you know him?

    Pocono
    Thanks Pocono
    never heard about that fellow SafetAre you sure that he is from Montenegro?Maybe he is montenegran but probably he does not lives here...

    ---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
    Very nice flies Mladenyour"submarine" looks very much like what we call a"chabot"
    Thanks matenice photo
    We call this small fish the Pesh

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for some custom flies/streamers
    By misterchengmoua in forum Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
  2. Tube Flies vs big streamers ??
    By tie one on in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •