Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Polychenille Danica

My favorite Danica imitation is the one made with polychenille. The polychenille makes a light weight body and work better when the fish takes the fly because the polychenille is very soft that makes it easier for the trout to actually get it in the mouth. A hard extended body can easily just be shuffled forwards instead of getting in to the mouth.

This fly is easy to tie, and also fast to tie.

Terje!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Polychenille Danica

Hi Terje,

If the tail is polychenille how do you get it to stick out like that in the picture. The chenille I am familiar with is too limp to stand out.

Frank

Blog Entries

Default Re: Polychenille Danica

Frank,

Not my pattern but I used to make bodies like this out of raffia and did so by lashing a piece of mono to the hook shank, then wrapping the material out and back to create a tapered abdomen. When using natural raffia you now can coat it with 'Feather Tough' available from, Cascade Crest Tools, find them on line. The coating makes the raffia more durable, of course many materials are more durable and easier to work with than the grass.

By the way Feather Tough will make your quill wings last longer than the bodies on your #18 Blue Quills.

4. Default Re: Polychenille Danica

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
    Hi Terje,

If the tail is polychenille how do you get it to stick out like that in the picture. The chenille I am familiar with is too limp to stand out.

Frank
    The tail fibers is made of Elk and the main body is polychenille.

Here is a picture of how i tie in the tail fibers to the polychenille.

Terje!

Fullversjon: Viser bilde - sportsfiske.nu