Low and Cold

wt bash

Reaction score
Just when you think "I'd better switch to an indy" in the cold clear and low winter water, this will keep me trying to swing. Everything is tied with the idea that the fly will still retain some profile as it swims through faster sections and still look alive in the slow stuff.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
4" of snow overnight here, I'm thinking on going to the Kenai tomorrow but weather is a big factor. I would tie flies but all boxes are full and they are laying all over the tying bench already. I have ran out of places to put them.

I have a bunch of hooks on order at a shop in town (Anchorage) size 6 & 8's for tying small wet flies. I do have an old clip box that holds 119 flies and it is not full. That is my winter tying project, one side has #7 clips and the other is #10's. There are 69 openings for #10 clips and about 25 for the #7 side. I'll be making old style wet fly soft hackle for this along with a bunch of mini Spey ties.

So....................I'm just waiting for hooks.

Ard

wt bash

Reaction score
How was the last outting? I managed a few good days with better but not ideal flows. It seems the PA strays are fat this fall. But I hear you all my boxes are full my Jeep box is full and there are flies on just about every windowsill in this house! I can't wait to see some mini speys! The nymph crowd is having luck on #14 blackstones already so I might spin a few soft hackles in that fashion. Nothing fancy but with wire bodies to keep them low during the swing.