Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Red and yellow bugger

Here's one I use for bass in shallow, still water. It's a typical bugger, tied with marabou, chenille, and hackle, on a #4 hook. I got the idea for the colors from a bass bug I have... somewhere in all this mess.

2. Default Re: Red and yellow bugger

Cool bass fly, dont know why I didnt think of that color combo myself, I catch alot of bass on micky finns, a yellow and red bucktail streamer.
    I'll have to ty a few of those and try 'em.
    Bear

3. Default Re: Red and yellow bugger

I tie a Red and Yellow Gartside Softhackle on a #4 (I call it the Hulk Hogan LOL)
    TROUT love that fly, but then Mickey Fin has been around a long time, maybe that is why.

Very nice tie by the way.....good Job.

Default Re: Red and yellow bugger

Thanks for the comments. I have several Tap's bass bugs, and they're this color. This fly has no real weight to it, so it is very slow to sink. I may make a bead head version one of these days.

The bright colors really were a guinea pig project, and a surprise. In nature, bright colors usually mean something is toxic, but bass are obviously not onto that little warning. I just figured if they would tear up a bass bug in yellow and red, they'd eat this thing.

Default Re: Red and yellow bugger

That would be a good late fall walleye fly too.