Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foam popper

1. Default foam popper

I used foam to make this popper. It's very light too, so you can cast it easier. I just need to work on my paint job

2. Default Re: foam popper

Kerryssz,

Nice looking popper! How does it fly through the air? I would think that it would catch a lot of air with the front like that. Looks almost like a scoop. I have seen some that are flat on the front, but with a small lip so make it dive a little bit. But the guy I talked to said it made it tougher to cast because it caught a lot of air. Just wondering if you had that problem.

As far as the paint job, I think it is a lot better than I could do! But I might put another coat on it... Looks like the foam started to soak it up a little bit.
    Looks like a really nice popper! Wish I could make something like that!

HookEmHorns

3. Default Re: foam popper

the thing is I didn't try casting it yet, but that's what I'm afraid of. It's pretty light but I don't know how air resistant this big boy is. This is my first foam popper so maybe I'll have to do some modifications to it. I'll let you know how it flies. I tested it in my bathtub and it definitly makes lots of noise and splashes with a little pull.

Default Re: foam popper

Hi to all,

Here is the photo that kerryssz is talking about. The photo was too large and pushing the Portal Page off of the screen.

Kerryssz, please don't post such large pictures.

Frank

Very cool. I like that tiger paint job. I can picture it now:

blurp................ blurp................... blurp.................. blurKABOOOOOOM!!!!

mark

Hi kerryssz,

With that big scooped nose I think it will catch a lot of air. But it is going to make a heck of a noise. Good job.

Frank

Kerry, Did you carve that out of a foam block or is it foam sheet? I would be very interested in how you made it, it looks like it would be very noisy...

Dan

8. Default Re: foam popper

Quote Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
    Kerry, Did you carve that out of a foam block or is it foam sheet? I would be very interested in how you made it, it looks like it would be very noisy...

Dan
    It's actually pretty easy fly to make. Just cut have a circle out of foam sheet, roll it into the cone and use some superglue. Don't forget to leave a little tip at the front so you can tie it to the hook.

For paint I used permanent markers, but they don't work too well with foam as you can see. I'm gonna try nail polish or something like that.

Hi kerryssz,

Go to a hobby shop and get the paint that is used to paint model airplanes. I think it is an acrylic paint. It comes in small bottles with unlimited colors. You can get thinner and even clear-coat.

Frank

10. Default Re: foam popper

thanks, Frank! Is that paint pretty durable in the water or you put a clear coat on top?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast