Can you guess where I'm headed?

Ian Mann 4

Reaction score
Started tying up some of these for a trip in March...

Hook: #6 and #4 Saltwater
Eyes: Plastic bead chain back and red real eyes front
Body: Pink flatbraid with clear larva lace over top
Wing: Brown Artic Fox with rootbeer crystal flash
Head: Brown thread with Loon UV Knot Sense

Pocono

Reaction score
The body color would be right for somewhere in Ascension Bay, Mexico.

Big eye'd pattern.

Pocono

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
You guessed it. Oahu to be exact.

Looking forward to some sun and the tug of a bone or two.

Just gotta get a something to cast these with now.
Big E: Sounds like the making for a fun vacation, keep us posted on how the trip goes and take lots of photos. Most of us are stuck in this horrid white stuff and would enjoy some warm wx photos!

Larry

Pocono

Reaction score
Nice choice, Big_e!

Sounds like you're in for some good times shopping for the right gear. Check out Sage's Xi-3 and Scott's S4S; 8 or 9 wts.; depending on the size of the bones you'll be going after on Oahu.

Pocono

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
You guessed it. Oahu to be exact.

Looking forward to some sun and the tug of a bone or two.

Just gotta get a something to cast these with now.
I win????? What do I get? :D I used to live on Oahu. I caught my first Bonefish on the end of Ford Island in Pearl Harbor at the end of the Sea Plane ramp. I caught my first Tarpon, not the Florida version, there also. I also caught my first shark there too. A Black Tip Reef Shark about 3' long. They do bad things to tackle.

Ian Mann 4

Reaction score
I win????? What do I get? :D I used to live on Oahu. I caught my first Bonefish on the end of Ford Island in Pearl Harbor at the end of the Sea Plane ramp. I caught my first Tarpon, not the Florida version, there also. I also caught my first shark there too. A Black Tip Reef Shark about 3' long. They do bad things to tackle.
You win....KUDOS! ;)

I'll be headed to Ford Is as well...

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I was a Submariner on a Fleet Ballistic Missle Submarine when I fished there. The Utah Memorial pier is a good spot to fish for small Hammer Heads. The Sea Plane ramp is good for Bones, Pacific Tarpon, Baracuda, Jack Crevelle and the occasional odd species. I got a Goat Fish there once that was Bright yellow, turquois and pink. It was a fun place to fish. Well, I gotta run. I'm applying at the psycic hotline.