Thread: Ever traveled around the UK or Ireland?

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Ever traveled around the UK or Ireland?

The following is a cut and paste I found on a UK based board. The web link is a total treat!
    Fred

"Jon Beer's latest article in the Trout & Salmon mentioned the following web-site
    Geograph Britain and Ireland - photograph every grid square!
    I loaded it up and it is very interesting indeed. You can type in at the top right corner a postcode or description and it opens all photos taken in the area. I think it finds all those with OS grid references and maps them to their database. What is really interesting is you can enter say “river Dee at Park”, open a photo and a small ordinance survey map appears. One can then follow the river using the N,S,E,W compass points and as you do it photos taken in that area appear. (NOTE HERE: You can also just move your pointer around and click/enhance anyplace.) Terrific for looking at new waters
    When you have the small map you can also click the interactive link below and it opens up a full map of the area with dots highlighting all the photos taken. You then click on any of these to open the phto up."
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ever traveled around the UK or Ireland?

Fred: Thanks, that is a pretty interesting link to browse around on.

Larry
    Larry

that's a nifty site, Ireland and fishing there is at the top of my bucket list. Thanks for the post!
    Gary

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
    that's a nifty site, Ireland and fishing there is at the top of my bucket list. Thanks for the post!
    Gary
    You're most welcome Gary (and Larry). Killed well over an hour earlier today Gazing With Lust at rivers that are world known (Dee, Spey, etc.), worth every moment as I watched the rain pound down and the Rogue go 'toes up' ... again.

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"