Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruby river Montana

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby river Montana

I was lucky enough to be in that area in early August. The Ruby was very high and off color below the dam. There are a few creeks in the area that were fishing great and I saw no other anglers on them at all. If you like to "hopper/dropper" with your small stream rod it was off the hook...

The Ruby

Small stream treasure

-Mike

Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    How is mud school going? Do you know where they are sending you yet?

Dave
    Mudschool is going well.

I am going to north dakota afterwards, which is nice working the 2 week on, 2 week off schedule, I can drive to wyoming and stay with my parents in my offtime.

I got into a training program where I will be sent all over the world, spending 3 months at a time in different locations doing various tasks for a period of 3 years. After being a mud engineer, the next task I believe for me is treating frackwater.

Quote Originally Posted by MTskibum View Post
    Mudschool is going well.

I am going to north dakota afterwards, which is nice working the 2 week on, 2 week off schedule, I can drive to wyoming and stay with my parents in my offtime.

I got into a training program where I will be sent all over the world, spending 3 months at a time in different locations doing various tasks for a period of 3 years. After being a mud engineer, the next task I believe for me is treating frackwater.
    Who are you getting your training with in Houston - Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, or somebody else ? Sounds like a great opportunity for you.
    Thanks for the invite for fishing in this area, but I pretty much restrict my fishing for out west in the Rockies when I go out there.
    Here's something for you though: "http://www.2coolfishing.com" is a website dominated by a lot of Texans who are into Fly-Fishing among other things.
    If you haven't been there, check it out because you might be able to hook-up with some locals who go out fishing on the Gulf regularly.

Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by jimbaker488 View Post
    Who are you getting your training with in Houston - Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, or somebody else ? Sounds like a great opportunity for you.
    Thanks for the invite for fishing in this area, but I pretty much restrict my fishing for out west in the Rockies when I go out there.
    Here's something for you though: "http://www.2coolfishing.com" is a website dominated by a lot of Texans who are into Fly-Fishing among other things.
    If you haven't been there, check it out because you might be able to hook-up with some locals who go out fishing on the Gulf regularly.

I have spent my whole life fishing for trout in the rocky mountains. I hope to go out fishing once while i am down in houston. I brought both my 8 wt and a spinning rod.

I am working for schlumberger.

Any reports for the Ruby River ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123