Thread: Hello from Tweedmouth

1. Default Hello from Tweedmouth

Hello all

I have been fishing since I have been able to walk. Sea fishing has been my main interest for many years, until recently. The past few years, fly fishing has caught me hook line and sinker, with night fishing for sea trout my weakness (but only by a small margin, as I very much enjoy fishing for salmon and trout, wild & stocked). I still venture out on the shore to see if could tempt a cod, or anything that would give a bit of action. I, like some of you can't resist the temptation of the 'TARTY TACKLE' and therefore am a tackle tart! I do hope that if there is a reckoning, I will be forgiven for this weekness. :-)

Cheers

Dave

Default Re: Hello from Tweedmouth

dpax. You came to the right spot if you like fly fishing. Good people with unreal knowledge here.

Blog Entries

dpax: Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing about your fly salt water fishing reports.

Larry

Blog Entries

Dave. I like your pseudo dpax...sounds like a medicine or a washing powder brand

Dave, fly fishing has a way to grab you and not let go... I'm new to it as well and have even been having the ff dreams as of late... welcome to the madness. Lots of good information around here... I hope you enjoy your stay!

- Justin

Welcome to the Forum, Dave. We could all use a little peace, I'm glad that you're finding it in fly fishing.

Give us a little more info on what you're fishing for now with flies. You'll find separate forums in this site on fly fishing for different species; including saltwater members.

Take heart - soon you'll have enough gear to start your own shop! And, if you're a tyer, well, then there's no hope left for you at all; perhaps a larger house is in the offing.

Pocono

Blog Entries

Hi Dave,

Fellow 'Tackle Tart' here, sometimes conservative but quite often the cheeky sort of fly-fisher when you consider my flies.

Hope to hear form you often,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors