Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: great day out

Default great day out

i finaly made it to the stream today after many many weeks of being to busy with work and got chance to fish the stream behind where i'm staying i had done a quick search a week or two ago of it and saw no signs of fish but wht i considered good holding pools , i got up this morning and decided i was going to fish the stream that has been taunting me since i got here so i quickly grabbed my kit and headed down the mile walk to the stream as i was setting up on the bank i noticed some fish taking flies of the surface and realised i forgot my floatant but decided i might just be able to get away with useing a adams without floatant if i was carefull and kept it dry (not easy lol ) , on my first cast i hooked the biggest tree around loseing my flie and my tippet so tied on a dark green adams and had no luck so moved up to the next pool where i noticed some movement and spotted a few tidlers again but had no luck and could see no sign of what they were takeing so carried on up stream and noticed a hatch of small caddis sadly i had nothing that matched exactly so tied on a modified adams i had tied and cast in to the pool and bingo straight away a nice 9 inch brown i quickly snapped a pic on my phone and let it on its way and after two more casts a got another brownie but only around 6 inchs and realesed him and left the pool for the next where i got 3 one after another all under 8 inch after thesse i moved on to another where the fish were more sluggish but managed to get one around 8 inch after this i decded that i would call it a day after all i had a great day out and got to experiance my first hatch and i will be definately heading back as soon as i get chance and will rember my floatant lol
    sadly i couldnt get the one up of the biggest and they arent great pictures will try and get better ones next time with a proper camera
    vince
    Last edited by wilky; 04-25-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: adding pictures
    Live,Love,and Fish

Blog Entries

Default Re: great day out

wilky

Nice report!! Can't wait to see some pics. Congrats on getting some water time and hookin into some fish.
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

Blog Entries

Hi Vince,

Sounds like you may have a little wild trout stream to yourself there. Better stay mum eh? Where there are 8 & 9" fish there are 12 & 13" fish. Put that floatant in your kit and watch out for that tree next time out. Now you know what to tie up and what size, you better get busy.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Vince: Good to see your fishing report, congrats on getting out and enjoying some fly fishing!

Larry

Blog Entries

Glad you managed to go fishing Vincethat's a good report but we're all looking forward the pics

i have already put the floatant in my vest ready lol there not great quility pics my phone hasnt got the best camera but will take my proper camera next time and will safe the hassle of messing around with a phone lol and need to get more hooks for tying them on as i run out but gives me a excuse to head to the tackle shop lol but cant wait to get back out and try some of the rivers and streams when i get back

vince
    Live,Love,and Fish

Blog Entries

Nice little stream...how could you hook a tree Vince....can't see any around on the picthat's a real exploit!!

Great report, thanks for sharing the pictures. I look forward to hearing more experiences in this new stream you've found. Sounds like with the right pattern you'll be busy...maybe even hook into Walter.
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
    Nice little stream...how could you hook a tree Vince....can't see any around on the picthat's a real exploit!!
    That was the exact question I was going to ask... Glad you finally got out Vince; I know you have been anxious... Now tye up some of those Caddis and get back out there, and mind that tree!...

Dan

the trees are down stream where i started out lol, i'll most likely be heading back there next weekend if i dont have to work or i might fork out the $45 for a day on the local salmon river but think i'll stick to the little streams where its free and theres no one around lol
    Live,Love,and Fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast