Friends on the forum----

damato1969co

Reaction score
Just a shout out to Ard from Alaska.(Hardyreels) Had the chance to hit Alaska this year and had some time to hook up with Ard. Did some fishing together and had a great time. All due to this forum........So how lucky are we to have such a platform and meet other fly fisherman who share the same passion. Thanks Ard and your wife Nancy....Will be fishing with you again-(oh yeah-sent me home with some of the best smoked King salmon I have had)

EXPATRIATE

Reaction score
I'd Love to fiah Alaska again while I'm still breathing. I've been very fortunate all thanks to the Fly Fishing Forum-the uk equivalent of this forum. I now have four new friends who have taken me out(I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to drive though I did as a younger man) At Least once and the experiences and new friend ships have been fabulous. I would love to do the same with some of the guys on this forum, but as I flew over last summer to see old friends and family I hadn't seen in many years the money is rather tight-especially on a pension-and hey guys-if anyone is ever thinking of flying over here to england drop me a line-I can give you an idea of what fishing is like over here-it'll really blow your minds!:frogdance

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Dino!

I just found your post, we were happy to have you here and only wish you could have stayed longer. The sockeye never have came in great numbers to that river and high water has hampered any chance to find them or their silver buddies. The day after you left Nancy and I found a stretch with so many fresh chum in it that they tired us out but not a single sockeye...........................

Here are some pictures of you and one of the fish, we hope you come back next year.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The smile says a lot :D they are kinda fun.

[/IMG]

damato1969co

Reaction score
Hi guys-
Alaska was awesome and I hope to return again next year. Glad you got into some fish Ard after I left. Wish I had more time also-would have been great. Good pics too- Could not have had a better host.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dino,

I was just about to leave for the lower Kenai about an hour ago but called a friend who guides down there before leaving, the river is flooding............................ Seems it's been dumping from Whittier to Moose Pass really bad for several days. I'm kinda bummed by the trip being postponed but would have been more so had I not called Eric.

I really enjoyed taking you on the river and had another fellow come and go to Deshka with me after you went south. It's cool showing people around and sometimes we find some fish while we're at it. I hope you do come back next year and that we can get after the kings maybe, that would mean June......................

Ard

charged

Reaction score
Its been a while since I heard Moose Pass, I backpacked though it last year, and stayed around a couple days.

Nice little town.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Things are flooding in that area right now from Primrose Campground all the way down to Cooper Landing on the Sterling Highway. We are about to leave for Valdez..........