Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there are reason for this?

Default Re: Is there are reason for this?

Second bird season in a row I'll miss (rotator cuff last October). Hopefully, all will be well by next year. Of course, that nagging elevated PSA test will probably screw that up for me!

Enough whining! Back to our regularly scheduled programming!

LOL (trying to, anyway), at least we had September.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
    This could get to be a lively thread! I am glad I have a pretty good arsenal of English Orvis BLA's, for sure. I've not encountered the line/knob entanglement issue yet, but there's always a first time!

Actually, there's an Orvis mid-arbor sitting here on my desk, and it has that nice big handle like the BLA! I use those down to my small trout rods, so I guess I'm good to go!

This realization will give me great comfort in about 10 days while they saw off my old hip and stick in a new one. (I knew I'd figure a way to whine about that sooner or later!)
    Gary
    Hate to hear about the hip surgery Uncle Gary, but if you're gonna have it done I would think you have picked the best time to do it. Hope the local scotch dealer makes house calls...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Yikes, young Dave, good call (scotch-wise)! Another item for the "absolutely must resolve" list before the cutters go in!
    Gary

Yikes, young Dave, good call (scotch-wise)! Another item for the "absolutely must resolve" list before the cutters go in!
    Gary
    I tried the scotch thing last year when all you guys made me feel young and out of place...I wasn't the biggest fan. I pulled it out again last week, my 12 yr Glenfiddich is now a 13 year and I think it got a bit better. Does this stuff age the same after its bottled and the opened etc? or is there something special about aging in the barrells? Have to say I still much prefer my Maker's Mark Whiskey.

All the aging's in the barrel (cask, they like to call them casks over there. I think in Tennessee they're still barrels). Mebbe your taste buds just got a year mellower? I sure can't do bourbon. Just like fly fishing gear and methods, to each his/her own!

It looks like Tibor reels has had this complaint before; this is the "Gorilla Handle" adapted to fit their trout reels and give them a handle the size of their saltwater reels!

I'm not sure I'd want something that looks like a big thumb attached to my reels.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    The handles are purposefully made small to reduce the risk of the line hanging on it while casting. Orvis even states this in the description of their tapered handles. I have hung on the handle several times, but have an excuse...I'm a noob.

Dave
    Reason #2 is so you don't get you knuckles busted on certian reels when fighting large fish, the drag system.
    Popperfly >-<(((((*>

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Second bird season in a row I'll miss (rotator cuff last October). Hopefully, all will be well by next year. Of course, that nagging elevated PSA test will probably screw that up for me!

Enough whining! Back to our regularly scheduled programming!

LOL (trying to, anyway), at least we had September.
    Gary
    Well with the hip and the PSA levels, no news like this is good news, stay well.

Rick

Thanks, Rick!
    Gary

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast