Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irish Lough flies

Default Irish Lough flies

After living and fishing in Ireland for over 40 years, i have finally got to where i want to be.
    Achieved the qualification as an advanced fly dressing instructor with A.P.G.A.I.(Ireland).

gained my qualification in teaching.

Qualified as an internal examiner.

opened up the shop web site and fly dressing studio.

And to cap it all i was asked on Friday to be part of the Irish National team as the fly dressing adviser and supllier of materials.

Now that i am no longer tied down to a 9 to 5 job i can spend as much time in the studio designing new patterns and dyeing up natural materials until my hearts content.
    I can honestly say that i am spending at least 8 hours a day 7 days a week in the studio and loving every moment of it. with visitors coming in each day i have fresh tea and coffee and a big bin of biscuits for them and i think they get a bigger thrill watching me tying up flies and telling them yarns of fishing around europe and Ireland.
    Just finished off a range of new Dabblers which will be fiekd tested next week on Lough Sheelin

Blog Entries

Default Re: Irish Lough flies

Laurie: Congrats, sounds like life is treating you well! As always, I love your new flies.
    Larry

Congrats Laurie

Laurie,
    Congratulations on a job well done. Life it much to short not to do the things we enjoy. I only wish I lived down the street form you so I could pop in for a visit and coffee

All the best to you.

5. Default Re: Irish Lough flies

Beautiful flies - tied by the master himself!

All the best

Hugh

As always Laurie your flies are beautiful, congratulations on the new career.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

nice job

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Nice flies. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Best of luck with everything.

Thanks Guys
    never been as happy in my life, if any of you come over here you are more than welcome to come out in the boat with us.
    By the way High how are you getting on with the deer creek resin? it is selling like mad over here especially for the pike and saltwater guys, now to freshen up the coffee pot and back into the studio
    i will put up some more photos later today

Great looking flies, Laurie!

Sounds like your life is in a great place - congratulations; that's not an easy feat to accomplish.

Pocono

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast