Thread: BEASTY trout on the Madison - Video

Default BEASTY trout on the Madison - Video

This was a one day trip that led to some huge trout being caught. Fished until it went dark. Just another day on the Madison.

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/51543626]Catching HUGE trout on the Madison River on Vimeo[/ame]
    The fields are endless, but the cows never leave the river side, maybe its the fresh taste of a cold mountain runoff that keeps them close. Or perhaps they just like watching the fly fisherman cast their way down stream (like souls of fishermen past). A young calf looks at his mother, with a sideways curious expression I love the feeling of mud running through my hooves.

http://www.fishalong.com

Default Re: BEASTY trout on the Madison - Video

What a G R E A T video - Congratulations It is really a dream for me to spend (someday in myl life) a few days at such a river
    Best regards from Germany,

THORSTEN

Blog Entries

I really enjoy your no frills approach to taking these pictures. The footage tells me that days like this are just a matter of fact for you and the way you unceremoniously release the fish is refreshing.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Very nice video It is refreshing to see a video where the angler releases the fish properly (w least degree of damage) & does not feel the need to drag it onto dry rocks for the 'glory photo'.

I just came across a posting on another forum where the person has photo after photo of 7-10in Brookies, proudly displayed on bone dry rocks / stones. The poster was very protective of his treasured stream but had no concern about the poor handling of the little jewels that dwell in it. Rant over

I especially appreciated the background music- Dave Gruisin's Mountain Dance? Different version but superb piano. Loved that Madison as well. My river of Sighs.