Thread: Blown Out!

Default Blown Out!

Took the family down the Bitterroot Valley today for an exploratory mission. Here is the middle 'Root at 7000 cfs.

It was in the 80s this weekend and everything is way blown out. Not a soul near the river. I'd like to try to fish some of the soft "edges" ... you know, the areas where there are usually trucks parked!

Default Re: Blown Out!

Wow!

I tried the North Fork of the Gunny the other day and it was high, muddy and blown out...Its time. 89 today it will blow the rest as well.

Still water.

That's really moving.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    That's really moving.

Dave
    But not so trouble Deanfishing the truck parks might be a good idea

Blog Entries

John: It looks like you guys are a couple days ahead of us here in western WY. I fished the upper Green yesterday morning, the river is up a bit but getting way off color, maybe 18" of visibility, I'm thinking maybe another day or two before we see the flows really jump up.
    Larry

Yeah it's moving alright! Some of the predictions said the rivers might peak over the weekend - which would be bad for the long run - but no chance. The Bitterroot rose another 2000 cfs overnight! But it won't be long till the run-off from snow melt will be done, with the temps we've had. We did have a good snow pack so I'm not worried, but we need some rain to keep the rivers up.

Compare the pictures above to this one I shot in March. This is just a couple miles upstream, standing in the stream bed. I takes a lot of water to fill this in! I'm always amazed by high water season.

Some of my favorite spring-time fishing memories have been high sticking from the parking lot Latrines can give nice cover and soft edge to boot.