Thread: Fishing near Ten Sleep, WY

Default Fishing near Ten Sleep, WY

I am probably going to be spending a few days in Ten Sleep at the end of July. I have fished Ten Sleep creek before, but just wondering if there is anything else worth checking out while I am in the area. The Big Horn in Worland is only about 20 minutes away. Has anybody fished the Big Horn in the Worland area? I would prefer to fish bigger waters like the Big Horn, but if there are no access points, I have no problem fishing the smaller water. I also see there is part of the Big Horn just outside of Ten Sleep. Does this feed into the bigger river? It appears to be private, does anybody have any knowledge of this little arm?

Default Re: Fishing near Ten Sleep, WY

The Big Horn is muddy and warm at Worland.

The Yellowtail Dam and the Afterbay Dam created a tailwater fishery on what is a warm water river. That dam is in Montana and not in Wyoming.

Fish - Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area

If you are traveling through Buffalo, Wyoming on US Hwy 16 to Tensleep, the river the flows through Buffalo has trout the last time I was there.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Default Re: Fishing near Ten Sleep, WY

I will be coming up from the South. Probably just end up fishing Ten Sleep from town up through the canyon.