Thread: Fly shops in the Driftless Region?

Default Fly shops in the Driftless Region?

I know there are several fly shop threads active now. Most of the shops mentioned are out west though. There must be a few shops in the Driftless?

Default Re: Fly shops in the Driftless Region?

Driftless Angler in Viroqua is well regarded... I know there a few others too.

Home Page

Twin cities area isn't really driftless but The Fly Angler and Bob Mitchell's are two up there plus there's a new shop up there too... Can't remember the name though.

Blog Entries

yep,
    driftless is a fine shop

casey

ARFE

The Driftless Angler in Viroqua is a nice little shop. Mat is a good guy, that will help you out with anything you need. It's definitely the closest one to you. They don't carry much in terms of fly tying, but can outfit you with flies or most other gear that you'll need.

The Fly Angler in Blaine, MN is one of the best equipped shops I've ever been too in terms of stocking for both warm and cold water fishing. It's really worth going to if you get the chance.

Bob Mitchells in Lake Elmo just changed hands and the new owner is cool. It's more of a trout focused fly shop, although is quickly becoming a one stop shop for all different types of fishing. The customer service here is second to none.

There is also an Orvis store in Madison, WI, and one or two other shops in Milwaulkee that I've never had any experience with.

edit: I also should add that On The Creek fly shop in Cross Plains, WI (outside of Madison) is also a nice little shop. Plus, it sits right on a trout stream. Literally your one stop shop.
    Last edited by ted4887; 09-19-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added a fly shop to the list.

Mend Provisions is a new fly shop in Minneapolis, and is definitely worth checking out. Lots of great product from Filson, Patagonia, Sage, Simms, Redington, Winston, Hardy, Abel, and more. Stop in and say hi to Mike.
    Read my fishing blog RodandRivet.com

Thanks to all. I find myself near most of the mentioned locations at least annually.

edit: I also should add that On The Creek fly shop in Cross Plains, WI (outside of Madison) is also a nice little shop. Plus, it sits right on a trout stream. Literally your one stop shop. [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, On The Creek closed a week or so ago.

david