Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

Mine just arrived. Very cool ties indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good. Can't wait to get mine and for the season to open.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

3. Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

Some sharp looking flies in the bunch. I just got home from a weekend of fishing Western NC and the Smokies in TN. Caught a pile of fish including four Tuckaseegee slams on Friday and about 9 native bookies on Sunday.

Got home from the trip and was greeted with these great flies. Hope everyone gets a chance to try them out.

This was fun.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

I'm glad that they arriving. I haven't had a chance to photograph anything, I am trying to complete a rod for my buddy who is coming this week and I'd really like to have it done. And I just might do it. I completed all the wrapping tonight. I'll be fishing these swap streamers by Friday!

Got mine and all I can say is WOW! There are some awesome flys in this swap! Thank you everyone for some excellent stuff and John as usual great job putting it together!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    Got mine and all I can say is WOW! There are some awesome flys in this swap! Thank you everyone for some excellent stuff and John as usual great job putting it together!

I got mine a couple days ago and I agree, there are a bunch of winners in that box.

I agree, it worked out well. Deer hair is a classic material, if you will, and creates some classic flies. I worked out as I hoped it would, a variety of streamers (all of the great btw), dries, wets and we even got a big old heavy nymph out of the deal! Its thanks to everyone for contributing that it worked out.

I want to get pics up in the swap pictures thread to show off all our work but I've just been so busy with this rod that I just got the last coat (I hope) of finish on. And tomorrow night is catching up and whisky with my buddy that flies in, Friday and Saturday are fishin...so sorry fellas...the pics are gonna have to wait! (Not really that sorry )

So anyone fish these flies yet? I'm living vicariously through y'all with open water as we still have solid rivers and another 2 weeks of snow storms planned. Fishing season is supposed to open Apr 15 but not looking very likely.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

9. Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

Quote Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
    So anyone fish these flies yet? I'm living vicariously through y'all with open water as we still have solid rivers and another 2 weeks of snow storms planned. Fishing season is supposed to open Apr 15 but not looking very likely.
    I haven't yet, but I wish I would have. I went on a trip on the Tuckaseegee in NC and have fished a few mountain brookie streams. Could have used that humpy for sure but I suspended a #20 rainbow warrior under a Klinkhammer... In about an hours time I caught nearly a dozen up to about 12" on the mountain streams.

Quote Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
    Ours starts the first of April, that's a joke, what happened to the °40F we where supposed to get this week, another storm tomorrow, I don't have the room to move it.
    Tim

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast