Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I nearly caught a 30 pound rainbow...but, unfortunately I lost it!

1. Default I nearly caught a 30 pound rainbow...but, unfortunately I lost it!

Like you havent heard that one before huh?? Either way, I think I got your attention lol

Name's Dan, originally from Montana and absolutely love it there but now I'm currently living in the ever-so-gorgeous Banff AB (Canada) which is in the heart of the Canadian rockies and I must say...the fishing opportunity here is out of this world and the view just cant be beat

Its great to find a great North American fishing forum like this one and I'm very happy to be here! Nice meeting you all!

Default Re: I nearly caught a 30 pound rainbow...but, unfortunately I lost it!

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum. Are you a beginner or been fly fishing for a while? I will be looking for some pictures of that great Canadian Rockies.

Frank

maybe it should have read---"i nearly caught a 30# rainbow...but unfortunately i woke up !"

well it got me to look---welcome to the site!
    "something is happening here but i dont know what it is"---dylan

4. Default Re: I nearly caught a 30 pound rainbow...but, unfortunately I lost it!

I was smiling also till I read that you live in Canada....hey that 30lber can happen...I have seen that!
    Welcome aboard and PICTURES!

5. Default Re: I nearly caught a 30 pound rainbow...but, unfortunately I lost it!

Well, I have to admit that 30# story was a bit of a "whopper". I just said it to get your attentions lol.

But, some of the largest fish I've ever seen are here and that's definitely not a lie. My friend just pulled a 8.7 rainbow out of the Bow River couple of days ago. Totally wicked. I've never caught anything that size though but I am definitely gonna try to beat that...Purely for brag'n rights lol. My friend is Canadian and he's making fun of my "American" skills...so the battle is on! lol.

I just started fly fishing about 2 years ago but only really been dedicated to it for about the last past year. I was a die hard lure fisherman until I tried fly fishing because of the challenges it presented and because it looked way more fun to catch fish that way. I fell in love with it immediately and since then have started trying to tie my own flies though I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing lol.

I'd love to show you some pictures. I'll post some pictures if you want to see them. Though I'm blessed to be able to live in such a beautiful area, Montana will always have my heart

6. Default Re: I nearly caught a 30 pound rainbow...but, unfortunately I lost it!

Wolfcry, Montana has a spot in my heart also. Every year I do the Madison and Hebgen.
    Here is one that was caught 15 minutes from Montana:

Welcome to the group! Y'all still under yards of snow?
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Hello Dan,
    Welcome to the forum!!

I plan on seeing the Banff area someday, I remember seeing the Park in the movie "Last of the Dogmen", and being in absolute aw of the beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfcry View Post
    Well, I have to admit that 30# story was a bit of a "whopper". I just said it to get your attentions lol.

But, some of the largest fish I've ever seen are here and that's definitely not a lie. My friend just pulled a 8.7 rainbow out of the Bow River couple of days ago. Totally wicked. I've never caught anything that size though but I am definitely gonna try to beat that...Purely for brag'n rights lol. My friend is Canadian and he's making fun of my "American" skills...so the battle is on! lol.
    Nice to have someone else here from Alberta even if you aren't a native Albertan. As far as 30lb rainbows, you have to go one more province east to find those in Lake Diefenbaker, Saskatchewan.

Download a cool trailer on the Diefenbaker trout here.

Ya, the Bow River is said to have more trophy trout per mile than any other river in North America. Not sure how true that still is but there are some really big fish in it and lots of them for sure. Welcome to the board wolfcry.

Cheers,
    Doc
    "What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly angler calls a great hatch".
    Doc's Ol' Blog House
    AlbertaStillwaters.Com

10. Default Re: I nearly caught a 30 pound rainbow...but, unfortunately I lost it!

Sad to hear that..You see,one day,I went to fishing...Wanna know what happened?Nah...u never wanna know...I caught a 40 pound RAINBOW....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast