Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: travel rod bass

Default Re: travel rod bass

Quote Originally Posted by cattech89 View Post
    Hey, check out the Redington CT series. Ive casted their 3wt 6pc and, of course Im no expert, it casts pretty seamlessly. I was impressed with how smoothly it loads up and springs to life. I never noticed any clubbiness.

Eldermike, great post glad you had a good time. Enjoyed your pics.
    Thanks.

That redington rod is a good one indeed. I think any well designed 6 or 7 piece travel rod will cast well. I would not keep a rod that felt clubby, life is to short to fish with a club.

Nice bass Mike! Especially on a 4 wt! I don't fish for them much anymore, but do get into the everglades for them a few times a year on windy days, but use a 7 wt.

I had a bonnevile 650 for a fishmobile when I was younger. It got into places jeeps couldn't go.

Thanks for the picture of the big mamma bass. Got me fired up for a trip to my favorite bass spot.

Cheers,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by wjc View Post
    Nice bass Mike! Especially on a 4 wt! I don't fish for them much anymore, but do get into the everglades for them a few times a year on windy days, but use a 7 wt.

I had a bonnevile 650 for a fishmobile when I was younger. It got into places jeeps couldn't go.

Thanks for the picture of the big mamma bass. Got me fired up for a trip to my favorite bass spot.

Cheers,
    Jim
    My first scooter was a 650 Triumph B, 1968 if I remember right. They still make that bike but with more CC's and better quality control.

Ok so my last bike went away about 4 years ago but this thread still got me to "needing" another travel rod. Have they really gotten that much better? Stumbled onto a 60% off deal on a leftover Cortland 444 outfit. Rod was a CL model in 8'. 6 pc 4wt. Being a fan and owner of several other 4 pc CL rods I took a chance. Wow, I have to say I was amazed at the rods lightness and smooth action . it really felt as good as most 4 pc rods I've fished and better than some. Took it to the family pond to "slime it" and was not disappointed. The water ahd dropped to near nothing but there were still some bluegills within 50-60' of my casting spot. Casting was smooth and decently accurate with a # 8 BHWB on the provided 444 classic Wf4F. Distance was respectable as well. Best of all, it "felt good" in the hand. Especially with a vibrating gill on the other end.
    Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Blog Entries

That makes me want one of them myself Hooker.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Nice bass, Mike! Never leave home without a rod, that's my view.

Good posts guys!

To sum it all up, the best rod you will ever own is the one you have with you when a chance to fish comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
    Good posts guys!

To sum it all up, the best rod you will ever own is the one you have with you when a chance to fish comes up.
    Well said.....
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12