Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

1. Default G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

Good day to all,

I have a very simple question. How good are G. Loomis fly rods ? I know that the giveaway next Monday is a G. Loomis, but do not know much about them. In fact, I do not know any of my fly fishing friends who has one. I also heard that you can receive one of the G. Loomis "Fear No Fish" decals. Does anyone know where I could get one ? I saw the hats at a sporting goods store recently, but it was not part of the budget to purchase a $20 baseball cap.

Thanks & "get in the water"

Tie One On

2. Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

Loomis Rods are high end. Up there with Sage & Orvis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

Definitely great rods. Their GL3 is the go-to workhorse rod for many people. Their GLX was one of the first very fast action rods out there and is still cherished by many for long casts and such. GLX 8wt is one of the greatest Bonefish rods out there. I haven't cast any of their new stuff, but I bet its great as well. They're really getting into the spey market as well.

My only Loomis is built up from a 7'6" popping rod blank. Its tough as hell but doesn't bend much when I'm casting it. Might catch some pigs on it tomm. That or the Scott HP stump-yanker, haven't decided yet. Good to know the owner of Strike King....
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

4. Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

That Loomis rod up for grabs is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeet stick. Too bad I won't win as I couldn't win myself out of a wet paper bag.....
    All Means All

5. Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

Hey Curtis... where ya been?

6. Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

Crazy times.

Sister is pregnant and having serious troubles. Couple of surgeries and such.

Job changed. Now am running my dad's pallet business so I had to get that going.

Things are settling down now so I can do other things. Have not fished for two months or more. I really need to get out.

Sorry for slacking but looks like I am back in business...........
    All Means All

7. Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

Curtis:

Hey man... I'm sorry to hear of the tough times. I certainly know how trying crazy times can be.

Always remember... you have a lot of friends here. Log on and vent anytime if you think it may help.

Steve

8. Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

I appreciate that.
    All Means All

Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

OOO! OOO! OOO! Pick me! Pick me!

10. Default Re: G. Loomis Rod Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by The Full Creel
    Curtis:

Always remember... you have a lot of friends here.

Steve

LIAR!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast