Thread: It's already getting to me...

1. Default It's already getting to me...

It's barely even March and I'm already getting antsy for saltwater fishing! You boys and girls down south are lucky to be able to fish the salt year round. The first run of stripers should be coming through late this month!

I know I'm not the only one who gets obsessive over the salt. Trout fishing is fun and all, but something about being out there in the sun with surf crashing around you as you work a 20+ pound striper headed for the UK can't be matched by a 1 pound trout in a stream.

Let's make this the official Hold-Us-Northeasterners-Over-Forafewmoreweeks! thread.

Anybody got any great northeast saltwater pics from last season?

On a side note; Why is it that weakfish don't make their way up past Connecticut anymore??

Default Re: It's already getting to me...

Sunset at Truro

Best fish of the day

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Quote Originally Posted by mcA896 View Post
    It's barely even March and I'm already getting antsy for saltwater fishing! You boys and girls down south are lucky to be able to fish the salt year round. The first run of stripers should be coming through late this month!

I know I'm not the only one who gets obsessive over the salt. Trout fishing is fun and all, but something about being out there in the sun with surf crashing around you as you work a 20+ pound striper headed for the UK can't be matched by a 1 pound trout in a stream.

Let's make this the official Hold-Us-Northeasterners-Over-Forafewmoreweeks! thread.

Anybody got any great northeast saltwater pics from last season?

On a side note; Why is it that weakfish don't make their way up past Connecticut anymore??

I agree, winter Trout gets me through the winter months but I can't wait to see my backing again...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

I'm in Staten Island and the Weak fish season last year was a little soft for us as well...
    I've included the highlight and lowlight of last season...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

5. Default Re: It's already getting to me...

Nice looking fish guys, keep the pics comin'! I'll have to actually take some pics this year, usually I don't want to put down my rod to pick up the camera.