Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

  1. #31

    Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Can I ask how you guys know these rods are made in Korea?
    and to be more precise which factory in Korea?
    Mick
    Can I ask where Bloke rods and blanks are made? I can't find any info on that on their website.

  2. Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    Can I ask where Bloke rods and blanks are made? I can't find any info on that on their website.
    Mosca, just said they were made in S Korea.

    Hardy claims to have their own factory in S Korea for rod production. I know Howard Crofton the rod designer just got back to the UK from there. All of their rods except the Angel Series and the Bamboo rods (made in UK) are made in S Korea. The higher end Greys product is made S Korea too, but the lower end Greys stuff is sourced from China.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    And the Hardy reels coming out of Korea have tighter tolerances than the English made reels did. It's a global economy, get used to it. I'm having to. Not much I buy or you buy now days is made in the U.S. anymore. And the overseas stuff gets better all the time. It has to.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

  4. #34

    Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    Quote Originally Posted by burk48237 View Post
    Mosca, just said they were made in S Korea.

    Hardy claims to have their own factory in S Korea for rod production. I know Howard Crofton the rod designer just got back to the UK from there. All of their rods except the Angel Series and the Bamboo rods (made in UK) are made in S Korea. The higher end Greys product is made S Korea too, but the lower end Greys stuff is sourced from China.
    burk, I asked about Bloke rods.

  5. Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    Hi
    It depends...some are made by Harrisons in the UK and some are made in Japan and some are made in the USA.....I tend to favour blanks rolled with Toray carbon fibre.
    Mick

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
    Posts
    10,670

    Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Hi
    It depends...some are made by Harrisons in the UK and some are made in Japan and some are made in the USA.....I tend to favour blanks rolled with Toray carbon fibre.
    Mick
    FIRST a warm welcome to 'Bloke;' a stand up Guy!

    But some of these are 'built up' in the US? Under a different brand/badging name?

    Edit: "Toray carbon fibre." A new name to me, who/where are these folks?

    fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

  7. #37

    Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Hi
    It depends...some are made by Harrisons in the UK and some are made in Japan and some are made in the USA.....I tend to favour blanks rolled with Toray carbon fibre.
    Mick
    Some might disagree, but you just might be missing a selling point on your rods. There are many out there who prefer to buy locally sourced goods. Surely you remember the outcry when Hardy went out for their production.
    Like it or not, there are still very many people who prefer to buy products made by their neighbors.

  8. Default Re: Hardy Zenith wins Yellowstone Angler shootout!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    Some might disagree, but you just might be missing a selling point on your rods. There are many out there who prefer to buy locally sourced goods. Surely you remember the outcry when Hardy went out for their production.
    Like it or not, there are still very many people who prefer to buy products made by their neighbors.
    I buy the best carbon fibre I can find....frankly I dont care whether its made in the USA, Korea or Timbucktoo!
    One of the reasons I have been in discussion with 3M for the last year......
    We do not have a carbon fibre fabric manufacturer in the UK
    So I cant buy ....or more importantly specify carbon fibre fabric manufactured in the UK.
    Yes Fred I do make rods for companies in the USA
    Colton is one of them.
    M

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •