View Poll Results: Where will you take your BIG 2011 fishing trip?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Rocky Mountain Region

21 44.68%
  • The West Coast

2 4.26%
  • The East Coast

2 4.26%
  • The South

2 4.26%
  • The Great Lakes Region

8 17.02%
  • Alaska/Canada

2 4.26%
  • Mexico/Caribbean

1 2.13%
  • New Zealand/South America

2 4.26%
  • Other

7 14.89%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where will you take your Big 2011 trip?

1. Default Re: Where will you take your Big 2011 trip?

At the moment I'm torn between a half-baked trip to Alaska and a more realistic canoe trip to Boundary waters. Tough choices

Default Re: Where will you take your Big 2011 trip?

I chose NZ because I dont yet have the funding required to fish anywhere else

in the new season I will fish some of the head waters of some of the alpine rivers and maybe a trip to the matarua (back to my home water).

Chris
    "the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD

My plan is staying in Bridgeport, CA and fishing the East Walker in NV for a week in June. Can't wait to go to that Rossachi Ranch again!!! Should be a blast!!!
    Its all about the strike.
    CATCH-n-RELEASE

There is a lake 45 minutes from my house where I like to fish. Each year I plan a 1 week trip (7 full days) with the trailer. Typically, the plan is for my fishing buddy and I to go up on Sunday or Monday to grab a camp site, spend a few days fishing, and then the scouts come up on Friday for our yearly family camp. This year, the scouts are going to a different lake, so, the hope is to go up to our favorite lake for Sunday through Thursday, pack up on Thursday, and head to the other lake for Thursday, Friday and Saturday - scout familiy camp.

the last 3 years, I have not been able to complete the week for one reason or another...Weather one year, work the other two. I am hoping that changes this year - so I selected other even though the lakes are in NorCal.

Dave

"....oh, i'll never leave montana, brother(s)......."

Default Other (?)

I had to select "other" in the poll because I don't feel like New Brunswick fits in any of the categories. The Alaska/Canada category just seems like and odd pairing...and I hate odd pairings (lol).

Anyway, off to the Miramichi for a week in early May, another in early July, sometime in August when the water is right for bombers, and another in late September.

Happy trails,
    Gary

Blog Entries

I think that instead of a "big" fishing trip I'm going to get to some new waters that I've been eyeing up. I stumbled on a great unnamed trout stream last year while scouting for whitetail season that I didn't get to fish, and lo and behold it is attached to a little pond in the middle of some state game lands.

And my new job at the college has a trout stream that runs right through the middle of the campus... I know where I'll be at lunch!
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Gary: I hear you on it's COLD and I'm already getting tired of tying flies.......I'm feeling the same way. To make matters worse I didn't make it down to the Denver Fly Fishing Show, the wife has been sick all week and today the wx sucks.
    Here is my list of plans for next year:
    I'm planning on the following:
    The Big Horn in Feb or Mar for a few days
    The San Juan in the early spring if I can get my son to spring away from work for a few days, then hit the South Platte on the return.
    Float the Wind River once or twice.
    I'm hoping to get back up to fish with Kelly on his No Tellum Spring Creek and maybe a float or two on the South Fork of the Snake.
    Then (closer to home) a few floats on the Green and North Platte.

Larry
    Larry, you can bank on it brother! Hopefully it will do what its supposed to do this time. I also hope you can make it to the East Idaho Flytying Expo, April 15, 16.

As for my big trip 2011 - I live in the heart of the best fly fishing in the world, so any day I go out is a dream trip for me .

I hope I never take it for granted.

Kelly.
    I fish, therefore I am - but I gotta go to work first..."piscari ergo sum"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
    Larry, you can bank on it brother! Hopefully it will do what its supposed to do this time. I also hope you can make it to the East Idaho Flytying Expo, April 15, 16.

As for my big trip 2011 - I live in the heart of the best fly fishing in the world, so any day I go out is a dream trip for me .

I hope I never take it for granted.

Kelly.
    Kelly: Thanks, I hope I can make it happen!

Larry
    Larry

10. Default Re: Where will you take your Big 2011 trip?

A first for me, i'm going to South Africa for a couple of weeks early April.
    Cheers
    Richard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast