Your favorite warm water fish ?

attila

Reaction score
Mine is river smallmouth bass :popcorn: This should have a poll but I dont see that option on my iphone,sorry. Mods feel free to add a poll please. Thank you.

bucktail

Reaction score
Carp just because I love sight fishing but pike is a close second, great thread.

-Bucktail

attila

Reaction score
Thanks,I have yet to hook a carp on fly gear. They're soo spooky but they fight great in my experience with reg tackle.

fire instructor

Reaction score
The fun thing about fishing river smallmouths is that they are almost ALWAYS hungry! They are largely indiscriminate eaters, pouncing on most any worthy morcel of food that drifts or swims their way.... They are also pretty hardy, so you rarely see one floating belly-up after being released following a long fight. For catch & release fun, with lots of action, some leaps, and some strong runs, they are hard to beat as a relatively abundant gamefish.

jhammer

Reaction score
It's a toss-up between Freshwater Drum and Channel Cats. They both readily take a fly, they're strong, and they get big! :biggrin:

wabi

Reaction score
Bluegills!
The big ones are seldom easy to catch, but the little ones can salvage a bad day of fishing. :)

chuck s

Reaction score
Which ever is closest but some I really love are big Carp, Muskies and Northern's in the spring, and for sure Crappies, White Bass in the spring and Bluegills anytime! Come to think of it Smallies rate high too. :rolleyes:

banjominnow

Reaction score
Whitebass......aggression, numbers and decent fight. Smallmouth, panfish then carp tops out the list.

50fish

Reaction score
Smallies!!!! Though I do enjoy throwing small popping bugs to bluegills with a 2 wt.

mvarley84

Reaction score
By far, smallmouth bass. Nothing fights harder pound for pound. Most of the smallies I catch are out of rivers, so add in the current and a 4lb smallie feels like a monster.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

No gar yet? Cmon guys!

Carp for this guy.
Ok, I'll say it...Gar is my second favorite. But I do not have a boat, so accessing them is a little difficult in my area. Nothing beats watching a gar chase a bunny leech in 1 foot of water on a hot july day.

bucktail

Reaction score
No gar yet? Cmon guys!

Carp for this guy.

Ya know I would have wrote that but I havent had the pleasure of catching one yet. Thats one of my goals for this season, an dsince im moving to texas in the spring ill be able to add it.

Tight lines,
Bucktail