Sea Kittens

Joni

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions. First LMAO...next YUK!!! And then RIGHT ON!

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
This video is one of PETA's stupid little attempts to lure, sorry for the pun; people who don't fish to become aware of the EVIL of catch and release. PETA is beginning a campaign to educate children in schools to their way of thinking on all aspects of hunting and fishing. Videos like this will become more and more common.

Show someone who doesn't know anything about a subject a one sided view and it is amazing what they will believe. They will work to get amendments on a state ballot to ban sport fishing, hunting, and whatever else they feel is bad for the animals and fish of the world.

They ask for contributions to help animals, then use the money in ways that do nothing to help any animals.

Dan

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Guess I should have read my post once before I posted; PETA and like groups believe C&R is EVIL.

I believe in and practice in most of my fishing C&R; except for the occasional Steelie for the grill or smoker.

Dan

mojo

Reaction score
I like peta. It goes to show there are people out there dumber than Fogerty.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
PETA and like groups believe C&R is EVIL.
Don't underestimate them. They passed laws in..... I think it was Denmark or that area, making catch and release illegal. Before you can fish there you must take a class on how to give a fish a rock shampoo in a "humane" fashion. Goofy PC nonsense, and I promise, it will hurt not only the fisheries there, but the fishing industry there. I am sure that some will travel over a border rather than clobber every fish they get, and it will not help the fly shops, guides, or license revenue. This will come to no good. If we don't watch out, some idiot politician may try it here.

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Don't know about Denmark, Switzerland recently passed laws banning C&R at the urging of like minded groups.

Animal rights groups are very dangerous to ALL of our outdoor sports, as well as farming and ranching. Anyone who believes they are relatively harmless is not paying attention to what's going on in the world.

These people have an agenda that does not allow for use of animals in medical research, food production, fishing, hunting, trapping, or even pet ownership. You western folks who own horses and mules, forget about them under these folks guidelines; oh yeah forget about your faithful dog also, they're against slave animals.

As for the politicians in this country, if given enough money they will vote against the wishes of their constituents in a heart beat.

We here in Michigan lost the right to hunt Doves, courtesy of the animal rights groups; even though we have a Constitutional Amendment in place stating that all Game Laws and Rules will be based on sound scientific management. The animal rights people sued; and our spineless politicians allowed the matter to be put on the ballot. We Lost! The people who initiated the suit were not even from Michigan!

Sorry for the rant,

Dan

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
As for the politicians in this country, if given enough money they will vote against the wishes of their constituents in a heart beat.

We here in Michigan lost the right to hunt Doves, courtesy of the animal rights groups; even though we have a Constitutional Amendment in place .... We Lost! The people who initiated the suit were not even from Michigan!

Sorry for the rant,

Dan
I hear ya. Some of these loons, and don't for a second think they aren't loons, are being given a strong voice in the White House. Some of these kooky you know whats are now Czars with their own little kingdoms and don't have to go to congress or anything. Some of them come from a segment of loony jackassery that believe the optimal human population of Earth is zero. For the next few years we are going to have to pay close attention. I hate to say it, but the constitution does'nt mean much anymore.