Whats the best rode for fishing TROUTS at river and lakes?

pedrim17

Reaction score
Well I live at Colorado and I use to fish at Rocky Mountains rivers, so I would like to know what kind of rode (Size, line etc etc) I should buy.
I want to start fly fishing now.
I also would like to know if I could learn how to fly fish just watching some people doing and try it myself.

Thanks for the answers

Fish Bones

Reaction score
I would say a good quality outfit with a 5wt - 9ft - Medium Action fly rod, WF-5-F fly line, and any decent fly reel. You should plan on spending at least $100 to get a quality system that will make it easier to learn how to cast.

Generally, you can't learn to fly fish by ONLY watching others. You will need some instruction even if its just a little reading. I assume that when you joined this forum, you took advantage of the free eBook "Excerpts from Cast Like A Pro" by Doug Macnair. This is a great place to start for learning to fly cast.
Welcome to the forum.:welcomean
</IMG>

Piscator

Prospecting for Trout
Reaction score
Steve would be a good resource for you on small stream rods and how to fish them. Here is an article that Steve has written about small stream rods called The Perfect Small Stream Fly Rod. You could learn a lot from him. The Full Creel Fly Shop also offers 21-Day Test Drive Plan and FREE Shipping with $100 Purchase & No Sales Tax. That's pretty hard to beat.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Terry