Off to the Yukon next year July/August for 5 weeks fishing

princejim

Reaction score
Off to the Yukon next year July/August for 5 weeks fishing, with a few days down at Skagway, if anyone has any ideas on the best fishing venues it would be appreciated. Last time fishing the Takhini River, drifted this Chrystal clear river only fished a few times per year? Southern Tatchone for river of many flies, the Takhini is a fly fisher's paradise. Arctic grayling by the bag full and monster lake trout await your fly, blish. But this time I would like to make contact with local fishermen and fly tyers, I will be in Whitehouse the capital of the Yukon.

princejim

Reaction score
Thanks Fred, it would be nice to chat to a few people from the Whitehouse area, my son lives there but does not fly fish.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum, it's been since 1989 since I fished the Yukon Territory but as you say, the fishing for char and grayling was outstanding. No doubt you'll have great fishing because of the lack of pressure on the rivers and streams there. I have an acquaintance down in Whitehorse, whether I can get the two of you connected remains to be seen.

Ard