Backup Plan (pics)

stimulator2

Reaction score
I had a trip planned for the weekend so we took off on friday evening to the lake to fish some tailwater.i was really ready for the break.Didn't fish on friday went to see The Dark Knight Rises i really liked it.Well it rained sometime after midnight and when i got to the river to fish it was muddy so no fishing. We went back to the camper at the lake done a little shopping and watched it rain some more.It quit around 4 that evening so i got my rod waded out in the lake with a foam grasshopper and cast to some rising fish.
It didn't take long before i got a rise along with several more good sized bream.

I noticed they were rising well on something and got this pic of what they were eating didn't know what the bugs were.

On sunday morning i finally got on the river and the trout were hungry.

It turned out to be a fun fishing weekend in warm and in cold water.

lthrnk03

Reaction score
Looks like great fishing! Makes me wish I had more time to get out to the western part of the state.

FrankB2

Reaction score
If sunfish didn't exist, we'd have to invent them. :D They've saved so many days for me that would otherwise have been fishless. Their fight far outweighs their size, and you have to respect that.

stimulator2

Reaction score
And he took that foam hopper on top of all those other bugs in his mouth.I was sure glade i decided to fish the lake even with my trout gear made for a good evening.