Where to buy fox fur patch?

sabbatoy

Reaction score
I am looking at tying some of Anderssons Sid articulated streamer patterns. It calls for Fox Fur as a collar. Not sure what I could use to substitute for it, but does anyone have a source for a fur patch.? Thanks, Scott

rockriver

Reaction score
Call your local sportsman club and explain what your looking for. There should be some hunters or trappers having some skins left from last winter and they should be fairly cheap.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I get mine the same place where I find my squirrel tails :teef:

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

.... or try HERE

bigjim5589

Reaction score
You should check Paulette Fur Company too. I've got a few pelts from them & never an issue. I generally buy their craft grade pelts, since I'm going to cut them up anyway. :rolleyes:

sabbatoy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I will check everything out. My buddy runs a trap line but has yet to get any fox, he didn't know anyone that had one around. I have seen a few guys have them on the fly tying videos..

bigjim5589

Reaction score
At one time I did a lot of fur trapping and caught several hundred foxes over the years as well as other critters.

Although a raw, dried pelt can be useful for tying, and can last for many years when properly stored, to make the most of it it should be properly tanned. Then zonker strips can be cut & used, as well as the hair from the hide.

Frankly, it's cheaper to buy a lower grade pelt than it is to tan it and less mess too.

I'm not suggesting to turn down a raw, dried pelt if given one, just something to consider should you receive an untanned pelt. :)