My New Rod

trixie

Reaction score
The doorbell rang, and there before my eyes was a long box, but with my b/f's name. He says to open it, so inside is a TFO Pro Series, 5wt, 9' beautiful gleaming rod. Its all mine, he says, and a new orvis reel to boot.!! To me, this is better than diamonds. What a wonderful, wonderful guy I have. Gonna try it out today.....Just wanted to share this with all my new buddies.:frogdance

BlueDun

Reaction score
The doorbell rang, and there before my eyes was a long box, but with my b/f's name. He says to open it, so inside is a TFO Pro Series, 5wt, 9' beautiful gleaming rod. Its all mine, he says, and a new orvis reel to boot.!! To me, this is better than diamonds. What a wonderful, wonderful guy I have. Gonna try it out today.....Just wanted to share this with all my new buddies.:frogdance
I totally agree! I would much rather have a new fly rod than jewelry, clothes, day at the spa, etc... You are especially lucky b/c your guy figured that out on his own!

Have fun with the new "outfit!"

Joni

Reaction score
I am with you two on this one...better than diamonds, although my taste in a stick are about the same as a diamond these days... I am so spoiled! LOL
You are going to love that combination. Now get some good line and no stopping you!

FlyGal

Reaction score
Sweet, looks like exciting times for your 2008 season!

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
I have the same rod with a orvis reel too! lol cool. I never tried it yet but will asap when i go out next time for something other than steel