Sea Eagle 385fta

mjkirshner

Reaction score
I returned the SUP that I got a few months ago and ordered this instead. It's a lot more versatile as it is more stable and easier to secure gear, and has a seat, but you can still stand and paddle. I've only had it out once but it's been raining every day, and I'm looking forward to getting out again as soon as we have some good weather. I got a cordless Coleman air pump for $30 from Target, and it fills the kayak most of the way in a matter of minutes. The drop-stitch floor takes 10 psi, which is too much for the electric pump and you need to finish with the hand pump, but that only takes another minute. The entire time to unload and inflate is less than it would take me to unload a hard kayak strapped to the roof of the car. It's 12'-6" and has a capacity of 635 lbs, so it can be used solo or tandem. It will easily carry three people, although seating would be tight, but two adults and a child or dog would be no problem. It is the same basic kayak as the 385ft, but the fta ("a" for "angler" has "crocodile hide" padding along the sides and floor to protect from fish hooks, etc, and it also has built in rod holders. There are three different seating options. I got the basic inflatable one, but the frame/mesh seat from my Hobie will fit in this kayak, too.

And it folds into this. (The paddle is from my Hobie, and is only there for scale, but the Sea Eagle comes with one almost exactly the same.)

The great thing is that I loaded it into the car today, and then it rained, but I didn't have to unload it. With a hard kayak strapped onto the roof, I would have had to unload it, but this one can just stay in the trunk until we have a clear day and I can get out on the water.

I have a Hobie i11s for open water where I want to cover distance, but I got this one for fishing in tight spaces with underwater obstacles where the Hobie fins would not be usable. I highly recommend this kayak to anyone who wants something durable and portable, and doesn't have a lot of transportation room (or storage space).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: