polar egg sucking leech

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
made this real fast using the new purple polar chenile i got and the glue egg front. with purple marabou on the back and a lil lead at the front for weight.. was gonna add some flash to the back but figured the polar chenille was flashy enough for now. might add some black chenille under the polar chenille next tome to bulk it up other than that looks decent!

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
thanks! now if the foot of snow will just melt and the rivers would unfreeze I could go find out for sure!! lol

Joni

Reaction score
KILLER FLY! Add a Chartreuse egg and Scofield would belong to you!

That is awesome looking. NOW I GOTTA TRY SOME>>>>>>>DANG-IT!

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
super simple to make joni! I suggest you make up all the eggs 1st then once you get those in order take um all to the vise and start tying um up. the polar chenille also speeds things up as it is the chenille and ahckle of the bugger all in one. basicallt tie the marabou tail in and then the polar chenille and wrap it up and finish it! might wanna add some lead tho 1st.

Joni

Reaction score
super simple to make joni! I suggest you make up all the eggs 1st then once you get those in order take um all to the vise and start tying um up. the polar chenille also speeds things up as it is the chenille and ahckle of the bugger all in one. basicallt tie the marabou tail in and then the polar chenille and wrap it up and finish it! might wanna add some lead tho 1st.
I have a fair supply of Polar Chenille. I tie the Gartside softhackles, but found at one lake (the fish eat other fish) that by putting the Polar on the middle of the hook, then wrap the Marabou like Gartside, that when wet it forms like a belly on the middle like a real minnow. Proved very effective.
Heay, I got some killer news for you though. While tying in Pocatello a couple of weeks ago, there is some new stuff. I ordered one of every color (four total). Can't tell you who makes it yet cause I have yet to get it, but my brother in-law had some last summer and made some buggers out of it.
It looks like polar Chenille but it is RUBBER! Very cool stuff. He had some that looked like ROOT BEER.

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
sound like some great material! bet you could use that stuff on a brown bugger and make a great crayfish imitation with it

Joni

Reaction score
I will let you know more when I get it.

Here is the Gartside:

then when wet, top is without the Polar, bottom with:

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
just made another! too easy! made 3 in like 5 mins. I already have the egg part done tho. think this material will mess with the hook gape and mess with the hook set? I ran my fingers over it over and over and it seemed to catch and hook into my finger everytime. I don't think it should be a problem unlike rabbit fur leeches I made.

Attachments

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
no problem! works great! very easy to make single round eggs and they look very real!