Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Mars Hill NC fishing

Hey guys,
    Im going into my freshman year at Mars Hill College. I love to fly fish I go all the time up in MD and take trips to Lake Placid every year to fish. I heard the rivers around Mars Hill are great fishing. Any recommended spots, flies, shops, ect. would be great! Even a fishing buddy would be nice.
    -Marshall

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mars Hill NC fishing

Hi Marshall,

I'm a long way from you and am not familiar with Mars Hill (surprising) I've never been there let alone fished there, somehow I missed that one I will say welcome to the forum and I hope we have some members down your way who will lend a hand. For the fly shops in the area I would just use the computer to search for the nearest to you. Other than that I'm fresh out of advice. I hope you can find items of interest here and that you'll continue to be a poster.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Default Re: Mars Hill NC fishing

Welcome to the forum. There are some good spots in Madison co. to fly fish and you can be all over Western NC and East Tenn. with in an hour and a half and some great tailwater fishing to.. good luck

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

for fly shop go to Hunter Banks in Asheville Shane is a good guy tell him Shannon sent you.