Need some recommendations!

riderfisher

Reaction score
Hello All,
My first post to this forum, so go easy. :rolleyes: Yes, I am a newbie, but only to Florida and the salt. Been trout fishing up here in the Great Lakes area for some time, and now since the wife and I have invested in a vacation club we'll be making visits to the SW Florida area. We're going to be on Marco the last week of October, so I'm looking for some recommendations for a guide to do some flats or backwater fly fishing then. Appreciate the feedback, thanks! :)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Riderfisher: Welcome to the forum! I can't help with Marco fishing, but maybe someone here can provide some insight.

Larry

riderfisher

Reaction score
Contact Joe Leclair. Fished w/him & he's very good.
Thanks- found his website and sent him an email, hope to hear back soon.

Where abouts in the Great Lakes region are you fishing? If you are close to Cleveland, gimme a shout!
I'm in Columbus, so not far at all. Hope to get up your way for some steelheading later this fall and winter! I attended CWRU for a couple years up there in University Circle, and became a big Indians fan (go figure.:D)

riderfisher

Reaction score
Contact Joe Leclair. Fished w/him & he's very good.
Gave him a try, but he's only fishing out of Boca Grande right now, which is more of a drive from Marco than I want for this trip. Bookmarked his webpage though, for the next time I'm in that area, or in Boston if the time is right. :)

riderfisher

Reaction score
Sorry I thought he was closer.
He did say he does alot of multi-day charters down in the Everglades, but 1/2 and whole days only out of Boca Grande. Have spoken with 2 or 3 others as well; no worries, I'm having fun learning about how things work down there.

I did finally get connected last evening with a guide by the name of Capt. Kyle Giampaoli and we set up a day on 10/31. Seems like a good guy, and he's got a pretty nice website at www.tarpondaze.com if anyone wants to check it out.

Thanks to all for the help! :)