Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member from SC

1. Default New Member from SC

Hey guys, figured Id finally introduce myself. Ive been poking around this site for awhile and decided to finally join up. Im a fairly new, self-taught fly fisher that started out up in Wise, VA fishing the Flannagan Tailwater and now live in Columbia, SC and fish the lower Saluda every weekend I am able.

Anyone have any recommendations for trout streams or rivers in SC that a transplant like myself should check out?

Default Re: New Member from SC

welcome aboard, cant offer much in the way of information but cant wait to see some posts about fishing in SC
    "When the river is high, the fish eat the ants; when the river is low, the ants eat the fish."

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! I can't help with the local info on streams to fish, but hopefully someone else can provide some help.

Larry
    Larry

welcome to the forum we are around here to help each other out and these guys really do that for me. sorry i am not around sc but if you ever go up to nc maybe i cna help with what little knowledge i have. glad your here!

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

The inmates at the Asylum welcome you. The Staff here keeps us well medicated unlike the UK Mother Board. Several of those folks are on Placebos. Or so it would appear.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

6. Likes Eddie O'Neill liked this post
  7. Default Re: New Member from SC

I fish Lake Murray for stripers a good bit. Get in touch sometime and we'll get on the pond.

not real familiar with S.C. but i do know there are a bunch of streams around lake jocasse and lake keowee area, a few around lake jocasse come down out of N.C. if I'm not mistaken, so you need to be aware of where you are and your licenses are correct.

9. Default Re: New Member from SC

I'm from Spartanburg, very new to fly fishing but I have some good fishing spots

welcome from TN

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone here can help you. Might take a few days for the folks in your local waters to see this. I'm sure you will enjoy the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast