Looking for Wilson Creek Report

roadkill1948

Reaction score
Planning on hitting Wilson Creek Sun afternoon thru Wed. Will focus on DH section. Appreciate any current information. Thanks, take care, have fun...

diamond rush

Reaction score
No real trick to it. They stock in so many fish that they're all really hungry and will hit about anything. That place gets hammered, though. I'd bet there are 50+ anglers on it right now at this moment.

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
Isn't Wilson Creek in Grayson County ? Have a buddy that lives near The Mouth of Wilson but I really do not know anything about the trout stream. Sound's interesting though !

Michael

roadkill1948

Reaction score
Isn't Wilson Creek in Grayson County ? Have a buddy that lives near The Mouth of Wilson but I really do not know anything about the trout stream. Sound's interesting though !

Michael
I don't know what counties it hits. I've only fished upstream of the gorge, near Mortimer and Edgemont.

yonder

Reaction score
The Wilson Creek hatchery supported and delayed harvest waters are in western Caldwell County. The Catch and release blue lines are in Avery County. The river that runs through the Mouth of Wilson community in Grayson County, Virginia, is the New River. The New River holds trout in its upper forks around Boone, N.C., and then becomes a fine smallmouth stream in Ashe and Allegheny counties, and on into Virginia.