Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Headed to Wilmington

Default Headed to Wilmington

I posted this in the general discussion, but maybe here is a better place, anyways, I'm heading to Wilmington, NC may 22 through the 30th and was wondering about any good creeks or rivers that I should check out around there. Looking for trout only, we're not afraid to have to do alittle hike if need be.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Default Re: Headed to Wilmington

Are you talking freshwater trout? You're at least 4 hours from the nearest trout stream in Wilmington, NC.

3. Likes repperson29 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
    Are you talking freshwater trout? You're at least 4 hours from the nearest trout stream in Wilmington, NC.

Shows how much I know about the area! Are there any freshwater streams down there?

Ryan

I'm about an hour north of Wilmington and as far as freshwater there isn't much maybe the cape fear a little farther up but . There is suppose to be a lot of good salt water fishing around but myself am not that up to date with that. I prefer trout fishing in the mountains or smallmouth but I have to travel a good long time to find that. I usually try my hand at flounder in the summer time and don't do bad but I hear that the reds are hot and heave around there off the point of the cape fear. but that's all I know

Yea I know nothing about saltwater, looks like I'll just enjoy the beach and some hiking, thanks guys

Ryan