First of 2018

c web

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to get out and caught a few fish this past week. Fishing what should have been a small blue line in Western NC. With all the rain we have had it was far from small. Fishing conditions were pretty rough but got into a few. Can't wait to go back

IMG_20180216_124906156.jpg

IMG_20180216_132923688.jpg

IMG_20180216_133644055_HDR.jpg

rc51sport

Reaction score
I've been curious about the water levels after all this rain. I can't wait to get out there. Probably going to try to get out next weekend. I'm down in FL for the weekend. Met up with my cousin yesterday, he put me on a little bass and some bluegill. Gave me some much needed casting lessons too. Casting into the wind on an open lake was a bit different than I was used to.

c web

Reaction score
ottosmagic13,
It is a very nice creek to fish. It is a pretty remote stream and is full of gorgeous little native trout. Like a lot of the smaller wild streams in Western NC a 12" fish is a real trophy, the ones in my pics are about the average size that you catch.

kevind62,
Have fun, look forward to hearing about your trip. Only boats I saw on the lower Nantahala were drift boats. This might be a great time to hit some bigger water without the crowds.

rc51sport,
Sounds like a great visit, nothing at all wrong with bass and bluegill, and your right, fishing a light fly rod into the wind is a tough proposition. Speaking of water levels, I would like to get back into that little stream me and you fished this high water might even the odds a bit and give us a chance to get a little closer.

rc51sport

Reaction score
Thinking I am going to skip work tomorrow and hit the creek. Haven't gotten my first trout of the year yet, I think it's time.
Thinking about the temps and that flowing water, I need to get out there