Brevard this weekend

qacwac

Reaction score
Hey. Short notice, but I have a wedding to attend this weekend in Brevard and it looks like I'm going to have Sunday morning to fish. I'll probably have my pregnant wife and 15 month old daughter with me (unless it's too cold), so as much as I'd love to hike somewhere remote, for this trip easy access is key.

I know this is when the browns move up to spawn in Wyoming, but no idea how the timing is here being so much warmer and lower elevation. Assuming they are starting to move up, I'd love to throw big streamers at them if they haven't got on the redds yet. If they have, what's the preferred method for going after rainbows (or brookies)? Been so long since I drifted nymphs under an indicator that I'm not even sure I remember how to do it, but is that the ticket this time of year?

Anyway, any info would be helpful. I'm always open to meeting new people as well.

Seth

proheli

Reaction score
Hey Seth, I can’t answer your question specifically, but obviously the well-known Davidson river is right there and the folks at Davidson River Outfitters were Very helpful to me on the times I was there. I wouldn’t hesitate to call them and find out exactly what the fish are up to.

Last edited:

dylar

Reaction score
This is the heart of the brown trout spawn locally. Browns will be on redds or in immediate post-spawn recovery.

qacwac

Reaction score
Thanks, Everyone. I missed DRO the other day and so I'll try them again. Think I'll bring my stuff and then decide once I feel the temperature.

stinger22

Reaction score
If you have just a few hours the Davidson will be the easiest plenty of access pull offs also the popular fish hatchery parking lot or Looking Glass Creek you might check you tube plenty of videos on the Davidson

troutwinston

Reaction score
Hatchery Supported on Davidson was very slow yesterday. We through streamers, wet flies, soft hackles, and even did a bit of rs2 and black midges under indicators with only a few fish caught. A few spin guys around with only a few fish caught as well. Might have been better near the hatchery with small midges.