Long shot request for help

Lonnie Utah

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a current number or e-mail of Bo Cash who used to run Upper Creek Anglers from near Morganton, NC. The website is still up the the number listed is not Bo's.

If anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kevind62

Reaction score
Tried searching that business on Google Maps and nothing comes up. Also tried opening the site from the map search and it's not opening like a website but more like a search result that comes up "Fishing Store in Morganton". If you do a search on Bing or Google it brings up a website that looks like it's the one you're talking about. It allows you to send an email. Might try that and see if you get a reply from him. If you don't get a reply within a week or so I'd guess that site is still online just no longer active or maintained.

I looked at all the fishing reports listed on the site and none are dated so you don't know when they were posted. Even though I live in AL I don't fish this side of the Rockies a lot. Looking at his gallery I might need to reconsider and venture out a little more.

JDR

Reaction score
Morganton is a small town. If you don't get any help here I would call the Chamber of Commerce or the BBB. They can probably help you.

kevind62

Reaction score
Looking at their site and chatting with the current operator it looks like the only association Bo has with this shop is posting various articles under "Bo's tips", and it doesn't look like that's been updated in quite some time. Nothing on the site has been updated in quite some time. The articles themselves don't have posting dates so no way to know when they were actually posted. Several comments/questions to the articles dating from 2016 but no answers from the site to the comments/questions. John Zimmerman (current operator) did answer my email request about the site's activity. He confirmed they're still in business and operating guide services, rod building, and hand tied fly sales. The site is not very well set up. No libraries, tabs, pictures, detailed pricing, etc. at all. Looks like they do everything with email, which is very inefficient for an online sales service. They must have lots of loyal and local customers and very good word of mouth advertisement to stay in business like that.

I fish NC occasionally. I asked John if they still have a store front. Waiting to hear back. If they do I might have to make a trip in when I'm in the area. Sounds like they make some really nice custom bamboo rods. Might have to check them out.

kevind62

Reaction score
Here's a reply I received from John Zimmerman who runs the service now.

Hi Kevin,

When Bo stopped guiding out of Table Rock Angler, we started taking running the guide trips. TRA has since closed up operations. Bo had spent a lot of time writing all of those articles and didn’t want them lost to time, so he asked us if we would house them on our site—which we were happy to do. He’s a tremendous mentor and friend of ours.

We don’t have a brick and mortar store. We operate for guide trips and custom tackle orders. If you’re headed to the area and want some bugs that are working at the time, we’d be happy to tie you up a mess of them!

All good things,

John

John Zimmerman

gray rider

It's not the years, it's the mileage...
Reaction score
I bought some leader building material from Bo a few months ago:
email: bocash3@yahoo.com
828-764-3329

He was extremely generous and helpful!......