Siesta key

Reaction score
I'm a New Hampshire fly fisherman headed south this march on a family vacation and plan on sneaking away and doing some fishing. I was wondering if anyone would pass on some info as far as fly patterns that work good and what kind of fish would be worth going for in march. I've been doing some research and as far as fishing from beachs I've heard Spanish makeral and redfish but I have no clue. It's sad to say but I've never left New England haha. Any help would be very appreciated as I will be headed there blind.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Stop by and talk to the guys and gals at CB's Saltwater outfitters. They are awesome. i was introduced to this over new years and you'll be hard pressed to find a nicer group of people anywhere.

waterfordcreek

Reaction score
You are going to one of my favorite places...

Walk the beach at first light.....clousers....shrimp and crab patterns.

At that time of year...depending on water temp....you are looking at redfish, snook, sea trout...it may be a bit early for the poons.

Also remember that tide..moon phase and high pressure...will all be major factors.

A favorite past-time of mine is fishing dock lights at night with a shrimp or minnow imitation.

tonysav

Reaction score
Fish Turtle Beach just south of Siesta Key Beach you should do well with a clouser or any white fly. Plenty of lady fish, trout, snook, mac's. Its not crowded like Siesta mostly all locals we have a group that fishes there almost everyday get there early before the beach people get there.