Palm Beach, FL fishing?

fgb4

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'll be spending a weekend in Palm Beach in March and wanted to see what kind of fishing one could do. I have a 7wt rod with saltwater components etc and am wondering if its worth taking down, and potentially casting from the beach/surf. I've never done any saltwater fishing and just want to get some opinions or recommendations (will my 7wt be sufficient??).

Or if there's some good spots in the lakes nearby I'd love to hear about those as well.

I've looked at some guides already but if you know of a great guide send them my way!

edit will actually be going to palm beach in fla.

Last edited:

vamtnbiker

Reaction score
You might try the San Bernardino Mountains. The Santa Ana River near Seven Oaks can be good that time of year, as well as Bear Creek and Deep Creek. They've had a lot of snow though, don't know how accessible they'll be. For salt water, in the past Long Beach was good for bonito, don't know how it is now.

fgb4

Reaction score
So as a midwesterner now living on the east coast I just realized That instead of "Palm Springs" which is located in California, I'm actually going to "Palm Beach" in FLORIDA. sorry about the confusion. haha

mjkirshner

Reaction score
So as a midwesterner now living on the east coast I just realized That instead of "Palm Springs" which is located in California, I'm actually going to "Palm Beach" in FLORIDA. sorry about the confusion. haha
Actually, we have a Palm Springs here, too. It's just not as well known as the one in California. The population is a whopping 19,000.:rolleyes: