Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly Rod

Default Re: Fly Rod

I'm so lucky that I had the good guys in the shops. They always steered me toward the best bang for the buck "quality name brand" gear. I believe that MP & Frank work in shops so good guys to listen too. Good luck. Please let us know what you get.
    Here's my .02 cents. Actually from a guy at our FF Club that used to fish SE Tenn and write articles. He said that he used to buy-up all of the Telico Nymphs in town when he first arrived. That fly was developed for fishing Trout in your area.

2. Default Re: Fly Rod

I went to the local shop today and the guy is great he just talks your leg off and you can never get out of the store. The owner showed me a Sage Vantage series which seemed nice, I took it outside and cast it and with my lack of knowledge and experience I would say it seemed very nice. It would be bundled with a Lamson konic real. I could have spent less on a redington real and rod but I would rather support the boys in our country and Sage said on it Made in America. Is this Rod/Reel with line and backing for 330.00 out the door a good way to start?

3. Default Re: Fly Rod

Quote Originally Posted by jtcannonball View Post
    I went to the local shop today and the guy is great he just talks your leg off and you can never get out of the store. The owner showed me a Sage Vantage series which seemed nice, I took it outside and cast it and with my lack of knowledge and experience I would say it seemed very nice. It would be bundled with a Lamson konic real. I could have spent less on a redington real and rod but I would rather support the boys in our country and Sage said on it Made in America. Is this Rod/Reel with line and backing for 330.00 out the door a good way to start?
    Good way to start....finish and all the in between!!!!

4. Default Re: Fly Rod

So Joni you don't think its to little or something I would grow out of fast? I tend to be a fast learner at things and I don't want to upgrade quickly after purchase. Now on the same note I don't have the desire for the most expensive stuff but I like quality stuff that won't hinder my abilities.

5. Default Re: Fly Rod

I don't think so. I have not tried the Vintage, but heard it is nice and the Konic reel, not a dang thing wrong with that.
    You might be experimenting with lines now. Not all lines are created equal, and they are making it really tuff anymore with all the specialty lines.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fly Rod

Enjoy the new rig.

MP

7. Default Re: Fly Rod

Well I picked up a Sage Flight 9' 5wt. and a Lamson Konic reel all setup and ready to go. Now all I need is a vest/pack and new waders. Can't wait now that the weather is starting to get nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12