Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Otter Creek Outdoor Rec. Area Now Open

Arrow Otter Creek Outdoor Rec. Area Now Open

Just thought I would share this. A park that I used to spend alot of time at that closed 2 years ago is now open again. This park is 30 minutes south of Louisville KY. You can find more info here:

KY: Kentucky Dept Fish and Wildlife -

I was out there today for biking/ trail cleaning but spent a few minutes near the creek and watched a fellow fly fishing catch several trout in the time I was watching. The creek was stocked last week and the Park operators plan to stock 4 times a year. so you if your ever in this area give this creek a try.

Mike

Default Re: Otter Creek Outdoor Rec. Area Now Open

new info video released. Im in this on my mountain bike.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMw_KNUx7fQ]YouTube - ‪Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area‬‏[/ame]

the last few weeks before teh rains came again the creek was crowded with flyfishermen on wednesday mornings, by crowded I mean 6 to 10 cars, anyway, the park is closed monday and tuesday so early wednesday morning seems to be a good time. Iv seen some nice rainbows and small mouth and sunfish. anyone interested in checking the place out Id be happy to show you around. send me a message.
    Mike

had a great day on the creek last week. lots of sunfish and a few bass, seen alot more.

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/27552587]fly fishing otter creek 8-10 11 on Vimeo[/ame]

I hadn't been there in years and made the club mtg. last week, great outing. I'll for sure be back down there.

the meeting went well, I was there also. It was my first time meeting the club. road kill send me a message if you wanna get on the creek sometime. I usually go to my spots wednesday mornings and some saturday evenings.
    mike

7. Default Re: Otter Creek Outdoor Rec. Area Now Open

I've never been fishing at Otter Creek, but I'd sure like to get out there! I Remember going to the park decades ago as a child, but I didn't get into fly fishing until recently.

I've got a week or two left until my broken right foot is healed up, but then I'm planning on giving it a try.

Do you think the locations recommended on the Derby City Fly Fishers' web site are good? And what flies have you been having luck with?

BTW: love your videos!

Quote Originally Posted by twobuckchuck View Post
    I've never been fishing at Otter Creek, but I'd sure like to get out there! I Remember going to the park decades ago as a child, but I didn't get into fly fishing until recently.

I've got a week or two left until my broken right foot is healed up, but then I'm planning on giving it a try.

Do you think the locations recommended on the Derby City Fly Fishers' web site are good? And what flies have you been having luck with?

BTW: love your videos!
    hey chuck, send me a message, I am off on wednesdays and would gladly show you around out there. lots of stuff works, yellow and balck marabou jigs are a sure thing if the other stuff isnt working. crawfish patterns for the smallies, and I use small minnow patterns. if you bring a good asortment youll catch something. let me know.

I'm almost always free for fishing... or, at least, I'll make myself available. haha. I'm a local photographer and fly fisherman in the Louisville area. If there's a club or group of you guys that fish Otter.. please include me.

Tight Lines!

EDIT: I drove down to check out water levels today. The creek looks good. There were a couple of gents fishing off the bank with what appeared to be some kind of weird casting outfit. Definitely wasn't a fly rod... scared me. In any case, I snapped some pics.

Last edited by luckyduck69; 05-28-2012 at 11:14 AM.

looks like you where on th ft knox part of otter, I was at the rec area, a few miles down river form 1638 for most of the morning. Are you involved in the louisville smugmug, we have a etown smug photo meet up once a month. I rarley take the slr with me even tho I have a case for water.. just bulk. I took the gopro out today, ill post some later.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Derby City Fly Fishers - Louisville KY

this is the group I sometimes fish with.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast