fly fishers in Alabama

bamacaster

Reaction score
Would love to get in touch with fellow fly fishers in AL
Men and Women give a shout everyone let me know yall are there.

bienville fly

Reaction score
I was born in Selma, so my home river was the Cahaba but college brought me to Mobile when I went to South. Still trying figure out if I like the marsh more or the river....

cwarmouth

Reaction score
I lived in Opelika from 1999-2014. Had many good times with the stripers, big bream, gar, and bass. Loved floating the Coosa.

jbcissell

Reaction score
I'm in Oxford. Any of you fish the Sipsey Fork?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

will46r

Reaction score
Live near Prattville/Montgomery. Only been fishing for about 2 months, last 6 weeks of it has been fly fishing and fly tying. The BPS in Prattville has a free fly tying class 2nd Tuesday and 4th Thursday of every month. Some people just show up to meet other fly fishermen. I fish wife's family pond. Panfish, some LM bass and catfish around 15". Brother lives in Orange Beach so I'm thinking about hitting the inlet with an 8wt.

rangerexec

Reaction score
I'm in Montgomery Alabama and just fished the Sipsey Fork for the first time a couple weekends ago.

The top part of it was very cool with the runs, pools and riffles.

The lower portion was almost like stillwater fishing without enough current to put the fish in a holding pattern. I still have some to learn on getting fish to take in that kind of environment (or maybe they just weren't "hot" the day I was there).

Anyone found anywhere near Montgomery suitable for wade fishing streams or creeks? I was thinking about trying Line Creek on the Montgomery/Macon County line but the water is too high from all the recent rain to make that safe for my first time out.

Thanks for any tips anyone has on where to try.

kevind62

Reaction score
I'm not really in to the panfish, bass, saltwater fly fishing scene. Although, I do fish for bream in one of our ponds occasionally when I'm trying out new flies just to see how they cast and if the fish will hit them. I solely fish for mountain trout. Try to make 5 or 6 trips a year somewhere. Just started trying out the smokies. Pretty fun. If anyone wants to try and hook up on a trip let me know.